Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Julias: Brownies :: Zombies: Brains

Plans with S. to hit Ben's Chili Bowl for lunch tomorrow. Then M.'s party on Friday. He promised me freaks. And drinks with the NY Times researcher last night to talk about books.

Other than that, Henri Rosseau's paintings at the National gallery (tigers!), Beerbolhm's Zulieka Dobson (shades of Young Werther), that Bookseller of Kabul, which was not as bad as it might have been but more of a downer than a bestseller has any right to be, and One Hand Clapping, which is, I think, even more an example of Burgess' genius with writing in a character voice than A Clockwork Orange.

Got some more Walker Percy, my Rosseau, and some obscure Muriel Spark. Still haven't found an alarm clock. I spat on a taxi that was blocking a crosswalk and then decided to honk loudly and attempt to pull into my legs during a walk light. That was the most exciting walk from Metro to bookstore I've had in weeks.

And my sister made brownies, of which I consumed too many. Arrrgh. Satisfyingly full, in a sickly way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to spit on cars that are in crosswalks.
I admire your actions, those fuckers need to have baseball bats taken to their cars.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home