Thursday, September 21, 2006

Good job, DC

You know, my first Spanish class when we were doing that going 'round the class saying names and hometowns bit, the prof stopped me when I said I was from Washington. He asked me if it was dangerous, if I was up here to get away from all that. I bit back my immediate response, which was that I was only learning Spanish to plead for my safety with MS-13 and instead kinda shrugged and said Detroit was worse.

Well, DC, thank you for proving me wrong. Highest murder rate in the nation this year. Grrrrrreat. Someday, remind me to get all bitter about DC's government, police force, etc. but until then, the bitter is implied. Is it so wrong to want to be from a place that doesn't say "high crime rate" to everyone in north America? Actually, the professor is from Venezula. So south America too. Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home